Tigger at Los Angeles Temple

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Provo City Center Temple


The Provo City Center Temple is a very special temple.
It used to be a tabernacle, but it caught fire.
Instead of tearing it down,
they decided to preserve the building,
and turn it into a temple.

I first visited this temple when it was under
construction. After the fire, they kept only the outside 
of the temple and changed almost everything
that was inside to make it into a temple.


Sometimes we need to change lots of things
in our lives to be the kind of people we
know we should be. We might not believe there is anything
worth keeping, but if we work hard, we can turn
an almost-destroyed tabernacle into a beautiful temple.

I hope I get another chance to visit this temple after it is finished.
Now I've got to climb down off this fence and get ready
for a visit to the west coast and the Portland Oregon Temple.



And here I am back at the finished temple!

That went by fast, huh?
Well, for me anyway. It actually took years
of hard work to turn the tabernacle into a temple.

There is a beautiful gazebo waiting
 area surrounded by spring flowers.
Temple flowers are the best!

 

This statue reminds us that families are what it is all about.



The grounds are beautiful, even if I did have to
wait a day or two for it to stop raining
 so I could get some good pictures.


This happy bride and groom posed
for me on their special day!

This is a busy temple.
It took a long time for me to get a picture
without anybody in it but me.
(I'm kind of vain that way.)

 



1 comment: