Tigger at Los Angeles Temple

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Oakland California Temple

Here I am at the Oakland California Temple. 
I saw this one from the air when my 
airplane was landing in San Francisco. 
Yup, more peanuts for me!
 

This temple has beautiful golden spires and means a lot to some 
of the people I love. It is sort of complicated for me to 
explain here, but just let me say that it is important when you love 
somebody enough to marry them to get married for eternity in a temple 
so you can be together forever, even if something bad happens, 
like if somebody dies. Because, like that song says, 
"If love doesn't last forever, what's forever for?"

Because when you get married, you might think 
that from then on everything is going to be sunshine and 
flowers, but life is kind of like nature, sometimes it is spring and 
you have lots of flowers and sometimes it is winter and kind 
of bleak and cold outside and the trees stand there shivering 
without  their leaves. That's why I am glad there are temples, 
and someplace we can go to remember that there are promises 
for the future, no matter how tough things get sometimes.

So when you find yourself in the middle of the rapids, find 
nice big rock to climb on and hang on. In the scriptures, 
it tells us to "build on the rock" because rocks are solid and 
you can count on them.  We all know what happened to the man 
who built his house upon the sand. I know, because I used to live 
next to him in Hawaii, before his house got washed away.

Our next stop is another California Temple, the Los Angeles Temple. 

TTFN!


  


No comments:

Post a Comment