Tigger at Los Angeles Temple

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Winter Quarters Nebraska Temple


Here I am at the Winter Quarters Nebraska Temple.
  

In front of the beautiful stained glass windows.



I usually like to pose with
the temple flowers,
but here all we've got
is some poor
little bushes and naked trees
 shivering in the cold.


It must have been cold for
the pioneers when they stayed here.


This is the only temple I know of
that has a cemetery nearby,
to remind us of those brave pioneers
who didn't make it through the winter.


There were many pioneers buried along the way. I'm grateful for the
nice lady who knitted me a warm hat and scarf for this visit.

This is a statue of a mom and dad
burying their child.
I can't think of anything more
heartbreaking than that.


Inside the visitors center there were lots of things to see.
And it was warm inside, too!

This depicts what life would have been like in the camps.


Pioneer bunk beds.

There were lots of artifacts from the pioneer days.

This is what one of the log cabins looked like.

Can you imagine trying to carry all of your belongings
in a wagon this size? Most kids today
could not even get all their toys into this wagon.

Did you know that they measured how many miles they had gone
by how many times the wheel went all the way around?

There was a model of the Salt Lake Temple.

And there was a model of the Nauvoo Temple, too.
I've been to both of those.

This was one of my favorite temples so far!







No comments:

Post a Comment