Tigger at Los Angeles Temple

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Nauvoo Ilinois Temple

I've been traveling again, as you can see.
My owner sent me off to visit a lady in Nauvoo named
Gwen Krumperman who took me out for an enjoyable
day of picture taking. What a nice lady!
She blogged about our day and you can visit her
 blog at grandkrumps.blogspot.com.
Tell her Tigger sent you.

I'm not usually a morning person,
but it was worth it to get up early to see
the sun rise over the temple.
This is one of the most historic temples
because it was rebuilt decades after it had been destroyed.


Here's another view of the temple,
and, of course, my best side.
I'm really very photogenic, don't you think?
 But enough about me.
This is really about these magnificent temples,
although you have to admit my presence is an added bonus.



It was early spring in Nauvoo - not a flower
to be found. But there were some pretty berries in this tree,
so I climbed up to take a look.
I love the arched doorway that people use to go into the temple.

I had help to climb all the way up on this moonstone.
I was afraid I was going to have to try out these angel
wings to get down. But the view from up here was spectacular!


This statue in front of the temple
depicts the prophet Joseph Smith and his
brother, Hyrum, riding out of town for the last time.
I know! I know! I look like I'm about to be trampled,
but don't worry. These horses aren't going anywhere.

Here I am at the bottom of the plaque
 that tells about the sculpture.
My owner's niece, Kimberly Corpany, sculpted the horses.
Isn't that Tiggerific that I got to come here and see it?

There isn't much more I can say.
I got a little choked up reading this.
But this isn't Tigger's last ride.
I'm off to Cache Valley Utah to the Logan Temple.
See you there!

TTFN!






No comments:

Post a Comment